well there are two easy answers here..

One I think someone has already mentioned..

have a 10base2 (coax) card and a 10/100baseT (cat5) card
in the linux box and use /etc/sysconfig/static-routes to
route between them.. (or just set them to the same subnet.)

or go and backup an old 10baseT hub.. most of them had a
coax
connector on the back for just this purpose.. (ebay would be
a good
place to start and you should be able to pick one up for
only a
couple of dollars.)

a third answer is to just get a 10 dollar cat5 card and some
cable
and throw out the coax,, its slow, it was never friendly. (I
used
to spend alot of time looking for bad terminators and stuff
on peoples
networks).

regards

Franki