On Tuesday 22 July 2003 01:10 am, Todd Lyons wrote:

> Greg Meyer wanted us to know:
> >I have been playing around and I cannot get the modules to compile.  The
> >kernel image goes fine, but the modules keep crapping out at some point.
> >Each time I go back into the config and fix, get past that spot and
> > something
>
> This is because a lot of the modules just flat don't compile because
> they have bugs.  Not much you can do unless you feel like fixing it
> yourself.  Linus always accepts patches ;-D

Well, I was trying to answer the call for testing, but how can you test it if
it won't compile?  As for fixing it, that is unfortunately beyond me from a
technical perspective, not that I wouldn't be willing to do it.

I suppose I could continue to confirm the problems and report bugs, or at
least scan the kernel ML to see if it is being addressed or has been fixed.
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx