All,

   Ok set some remote mounts for my system.  The fstab entry looks as
such.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:22/home/james /home/james/remotehome shfs
umask=000,users,noatime,noauto,rw,exec 0 0

K the file system mounts splendidly.  I've got the system working fine.
BUT no matter what I put into umask (or even if I delete it) the dang
thing keeps mounting 700 instead of the 755 I really need it to mount.
The last attempt at umask as you see above should yeild 777 but nope.
it doesn't.  The really weird part is that looking at the cdrom the
umask for it is umask=0 to add to the confusion.

Particulars.

Mandrake 9.1 updated running Win4Lin kernel 13mdk   MSEC is NOT
installed (it's still to immature and unreliable for desktop computing.
sorry.)

Any ideas on what it is that MDK has done to "help" me?  and or why
umask doesn't work?

The second thing I've found is that user and users switches don't work.
user should allow all users to mount and be the only one to unmount.
users should allow all users to do both.  But guess what.  In both cases
the user can mount but no one but root can unmount.  Any ideas on this
one?

James