On Wednesday 23 July 2003 01:47 pm, Tru64 User wrote:

> None of these are a cure. Any additional suggestions
> out there?
>
> _Thanks
>
> Richard

Hmm, never tried this (think I'll go try in a minute though) but is it
possible to put a line like:

umount /<nfs-mounted>/<directory> > /dev/null

into one of the shutdown/end scripts on the clients so that if a server is
down, then it doesn't hang...and sending the output to /dev/null so that if
the directory wasn't nfs mounted you don't get an error message? I've got a
small 3 comp lan here that I use nfs with. I'll go play with that and see
what happens.

--

                                                          /\
                                                Dark><Lord