Sorry to ask here -it´s just that I know someone here can fix me up (shameless
grovel!!).

I´m in a bit of a bind, trying to recover a corrupt file for a client.
The first issue is that the file is 1.8gig, so I´m wondering if I´m going to have
problems with cat <file>|grep <regex> >outputfile.txt....

or is there a text editor which could handle that size (I have 512-meg RAM, and I know
some editors try to load the whole thing into memory first)

Then the real crunch:

The following is the expression which is given on a website to do exactly what I need:

[^\received: from .*\r

and the second,

[^\t].*\rReceived: from .*\r

....but they both appear to have syntax errors!!!

Can anyone help fix these up please - it´s rather urgent.

Thanks a lot

john