On July 25, 2003 11:48 am, James Sparenberg wrote:

> 1.  Use Konq on Opera not Mozilla.  They for reasons beyond me have
> decided at Mozilla.org to do it just like IE. (older versions didn't do
> this.)
> 2.  Use gftp or a similar graphical ftp client. (works faster and it has
> resume ability.)
> 3.  mv /tmp  to /home and then ln -s /home/tmp /tmp  (dirty trick your
> mileage may vary.) then use Mozilla.

Hmmmm...on point 1 I hate to burst your bubble on that one BUT Netscape
(remember that one? :-) ) did the d/l to temp before sending it off to the
directory you specified from Version 1.  I assume that it inherited that sad
stunt from it's predecessor (and IE's) Mosaic.  Early versions of Mozilla did
get rid of that but since NS 6 + it has returned with a vengance and an
insistance that you do it it's way unrivalled even by IE.

Use wget, ftp, Opera or anything else you can think of, even Mozilla based
Konq seems to work better than Galleon or Mozilla itself.  That leaves me to
believe that it's in the wrappers around the rendering engine rather than
part of it.

Oh well. :-)

ttfn

John