On Friday July 25 2003 02:47 pm, Miark wrote:
> I don't mess with Cooker, but I'm guessing it's as
> straight-forward as this:
>
> 1) Use urpmi.addmedia to add a Cooker urpmi source.
> 2) Do a: urpmi --auto-select --auto --no-verify-rpm --media
> cooker_source_name
>
> Miark

    urpmi.setup (urpmi.setup-0.4.4-4mdk.noarch.rpm) is probly the
easiest way to add cooker sources, main and contrib. Tho I still
use urpmi.addmedia on the CL.

    I type 'cook' to update cooker,
alias cook='urpmi.update -f -a --wget && urpmi --no-verify-rpm
--auto-select -v'  The -f -a forces the update of all enabled
sources, no-verify-rpm is needed for rpms you don't have the key
for.

    Updates to cooker should be done "by hand", mostly since the
mirrors are so often in a state of flux.  Use of --auto is not a
good idea. That will often fail, and could even lead to urpmi
uninstalling most of your system.  Many times it's necessary to try
several mirrors as some files may be missing on some mirrors, or
the hdlist is incorrect. SSM (edit-urpm-sources.pl) makes this
quick an easy. Just check or uncheck the sources you want to
dis/enable, ie, to switch mirrors.