On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 04:50, Sevatio wrote:
> thanks, but that still doesn't work.  Something tells me that I need to
> do a fresh install of LM9.1 instead of upgrading from LM9.0 to LM9.1.  I
> just can't think of anything else that could be the problem.

Sorry if this sounds harsh -- I don't mean it to be.

Replacing the OS because you can't get a program to work is terribly
Microsoftish. The fact that you can get VNC to show a gray screen means
that VNC is not at fault, your Window Manager is (or at least how you're
starting the WM is).

Try running something simple, such as an xterm, from withing the
vncstartup. Then, try using "startkde" instead. Post your error logs,
config files, etc..