I've just installed ML 9.1 on a clean system, and discovered that it keeps
the same graphic in place during the boot sequence that is there when lilo
is letting you pick which system you want to boot.  I don't mind the
graphic around that, but I much prefer a boot up window (shows the various
"ok" messages on just a plain-old text window).  I can't seem to find where
I can turn that off so that it uses plain-old text.

Also, the X system seems to default to using mdkKDM as the window manager
at login, and I want to use the KDM window manager so that things like the
clock will actually show up in the login window when I've selected the
clock from the control panel under login preferences.  I can't seem to
remember how I did it on my already-set up machine. :-)  Can someone point
me in the right direction, please?

Thanks!

                  --Dave
--