I have a USB Zoom V90 56K external faxmodem, which is, I believe, device ttyACM0
(that's a zero not a capital o). How do I get Mandrake 9.1 (kernel 2.4.21.-25) to
recognize it and use it for dialing out?

Mandrake sees it in the devices list, but calls it an unknown device. The Wizard for
setting up the Internet connection does not see it at all, and there appears to be no
place for me to give it the correct device name using the Wizard.

When I was trying to identify all my USB devices (I had trouble at that time getting
Mandrake to recognize my USB external floppy drive, which I solved), I got back the
following information:

hub.c: new USB device 00:08.0-2, assigned address 5
usb.c: USB device 5 (vend/prod 0x803/0x9700) is not claimed by any active
driver.
usb.c: registered new driver acm
ttyACM0: USB ACM device
acm.c: v0.21:USB Abstract Control Model driver for USB modems and ISDN
adapters

Am I providing you the correct information? If not, what do you need?

Is there another utility -- GUI or CLI -- that will allow me to set up an Internet
connection with this modem? I have the ML 9.1 PowerPack.

Thanks,
deedee