Lyvim Xaphir grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

> For the copy of Mandrake you now have.  Wait...check that: it's $1399.00
> for every CPU that's running a copy of kernel 2.4 or above.
>
> Who's ready to pay?

That's all part of their FUD campain.  They may try to charge for it, but
there's no way they can sue for it.

Say I write a book and publish it.  Then along comes publisher B who takes
huge sections of my book and publishes it under another name, which is
clearly copyright violation.  You bought the book from publisher B.  Can I
sue you for copyright infringment because you purchased and read the book?
No.  But I can go after publisher B.

I've seen that very analogy presented by various legal analysts.

They want to slow the adoption of Linux in corporate environments (since
Linux is beating UNIX by far more than it is Windows in those
environments), and hopes that there will be companies that will pay rather
than take a chance of being sued for copyright violation.

                  --Dave
--
      David Guntner      GEnie: Just say NO!
 http://www.akaMail.com/pgpkey/davidg or key server