Miark wrote:

I'm trying to use OOo (1.0.2 and/or 1.1 RC2) to print envelopes. It
prints, and everything is where it should be, but the lettering is as if
only half the toner is being put to paper--like the "Toner Save" feature
of my Samsung ML-4600 laser printer is being turned on.

But this happens _only_ when printing envelope pages. I can copy-and-
paste the text from the envelope section to a new page within the same
document and print that page perfectly. And conversely, I can add a
frame to the envelope page, and whatever text I type in that box will
also print very lightly.

It happens regardless of the paper type, and it happens regardless of
where I feed the paper into the printer, so it's definitely something
with OOo, but how do I correct it?

Miark

What font are you using? Maybe it doesn't render properly when turned sideways to print on an envelope (I'm grasping here). Try a different font or try the same font in landscape mode and see how it prints.

Joeb