On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 08:34:34 -0700 (PDT)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (David E. Fox) wrote:

> > http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/xine/
> >
> > Go here and download the RealPlayer9 and w32codec rpms. You will get
> > support for that.
>
> I have the rpm's - specifically 0.52 of thw w32codec. But I already
> have w32codecs from plf. I am therefore getting conflicts between the
> two rpms. Should I then uninstall the plf and install the one from
> .br?
>
> w32codec just seems to provide win32 dlls and other files as I would
> expect. I found the 'cook' lib in users/Real/Codecs underneath
> the RealPlayer9 dir. Should I try making a symlink?
>
> Trying a symlink into /usr/lib doesn't give an error for the 'cook'
> lib, but it says it can't find a demuxer plugin for the url I
> specified. In the error details, I get a message that the demuxer
> failed to start, but that it did find a demuxer plugin.

Now I'm getting a little confused. Try uninstalling all the w32codecs
you have installed, get rid of all the symlinks, and then install
everything from scratch.

Try installing xine AFTER you install the codecs. I don't know if this
makes a difference, but just to be safe.

--
Tue Aug  5 11:28:07 CDT 2003
They told me to install Windows 98 or better, so I installed Linux.