Just a quick note on this.. I find it better to run the command
"service tmdns stop" then "chkconfig --del tmdns" as if tmdns was
removed with "rpm -e" it gets installed and enabled again, when one
configures their network with drakconf.. It's just better to switch it
off.. When it is just switched off, drakconf does not re-enabled it.

One thing I never worked out why did mandrake go for Zeroconf stuff when
no-one knows what it is.. I certainly did not make any of it work,
and if anything all it does is make a mess of the resolv.conf file..

I'll second this. I sure would like to know what it is good for. It must be good for something.

Jim C.