On Sunday 24 August 2003 08:01 pm, Philip Webb wrote:

Hi Philip, thanks for the reply.

> on Linux, it's best to use the right tool for the job,
> rather than trying to stick to an environment (as in M$ Windows).

Okay, but if I have kedit open, and click on the print icon, shouldn't I be
able to expect this option to work? Or drag 'n drop a file to the printer
icon on the desktop?

> use 'xpp filename' from a command-line in a terminal:
> it gives you a lot of options for controlling how you print files
> & should certainly not print a header unless you ask for one.
>
> this is not a CUPS problem.

I have xpp installed - but I want to be able to print out from within apps and
be able to drop text files on to the printer icon on the desktop.

--

                                                          /\
                                                Dark><Lord