On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 11:01, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> Anyone on the expert list got the latest version of Gnomemeeting working with
> version 9.1 of Mandrake?
>
> Anne and I have been trying to get it to work - we can run it as root, but if
> we use our normal user accounts we get an error message saying that
> /dev/video0 can't be accessed.
>
> I tried changing permissions, groups, and owner but nothing helped.
>
> PS Note that camstream works fine for both of us. I've got a Logitech 3000.

I've got it working here.  Dunno what I did except install it.  I've a
creative webcam on it (usb) and it works fine.  I do get one error when
starting from the command line.

(gnomemeeting:2861): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file ../../gtk/gtkwindow.c: line
2426 (gtk_window_realize_icon): assertion `info->icon_pixmap == NULL'
failed

which hasn't affected performance at all.  (I've only used it in a test
mode on the local lan btw)

James

PS.  Just curious .... who own video0 ... when I'm logged in it's
james.sys.