On Monday September 1 2003 02:37 pm, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> I am having sound issues as well, but I have a SB Live! 5.1 PCI
> card.  I got it working OK with MDK 9.2 Beta 2. :-(
>
> On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 14:52, Mark Belanger wrote:
> > I don't suppose anyone has an onboard VIA VT8233 sound and
> > has sound working with 9.2 RC1?
> >
> > Being an RC, I don't want to start banging my head if there is
> > something wrong with sound, other than my cheapo sound card.
> >
> > -Mark

    Works fine, has thru all current cooker (I'm updated past RC1)

snd-via82xx     : VIA Technologies|VT8233 [AC97 Audio Controller]
[MULTIMEDIA_AUDIO]

$ cat /etc/modules.conf
alias sound-slot-0 snd-via82xx
above snd-via82xx snd-pcm-oss

    Uses alsa as the default sound server.  For playin Sorenson v3
QT movies, I need to use 'mplayer -ao  arts filename.mov'. That did
just begin shortly before cooker reached RC1. Alsa works for
everything else.  Try runnin 'draksound' from a console as root.
Make sure both aumix and kmix aren't muted, or have sound levels
set to 0.