Hi,

This question started actually in the newbie mailing list but it may be more appropriate for the expert list.

I setup my machine with security level 4 but I am interested in relaxing some of the permission settings. I made changes to /etc/security/msec/perm.local and then executed msec. I found that msec does not make the requested changes unless I pass it the security level parameter as in

msec 4

If I don't pass this parameter, the local changes are not executed. Even if I do pass this parameter, on the hour, cron executes /etc/cron.hourly/msec which again resets my local changes and reverts to the default.

The reason for this is that in the following line in msec:

/usr/share/msec/Perms.py $CHANGE $OPT /usr/share/msec/perm.$PERM_LEVEL $LOCAL

$CHANGE is not set and therefore the local changes do not get saved. For now I hard coded in the msec script CHANGE=-c so that the changes will be saved.

Is this a bug in msec or am I missing some setting which will force msec to use my local changes?

Thanks,
Avi