On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 22:19, Eric Huff wrote:
> > > A lot of people have complained of problems while upgrading. Is this
> > > not an issue anymore?
> >
> > I haven't had problems with 8.2 to 9.0 or 9.0 to 9.1
>
> Interesting.  You said you upgraded with urpmi.  Does that mean you
> didn't do an "install" and choose upgrade, but let urpmi do the work?

on my desktops and servers, I've run the installer and chosen upgrade.
My laptop has a firewire CD drive though, and the installer program
doesn't work, so I've done urpmi installs there.

> Either way, what is the "best" way to upgrade?  I started at 9.1, so
> i've never encounter this choice before...
>
> thanks,
> eric

depends on the needs of the moment -- e.g. if the installer won't run,
urpmi is the only option, but if there was an incompatible glibc change,
using the installer is good.
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...