On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 20:30:28 +1200 Michael Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> For christmas.
>
> Does the latest KMail, Sylpheed, or claws support deletion of a entire
> collapsed thread in one step. This is what i'd love to see.
>
> I'd happily leave threads in my folders longer until they had well and
> truly dried up if i could expunge the whole thread quickly.

sylpheed-claws has "Select thread" under the Edit menu.  There is no
shortcut assigned by default; but that's a minor issue cuz to [re-]assign
a shortcut to most menu items, it's as simple as:
1. select the menu item (don't click on it)
2. while selected, press the key combination you want [re-]assigned to
that item
3. enjoy.