i've been struggling to get my winxp box to print via the printer attached to
my mandrake box, i was under the impression that using cups and ipp only
tcp/ip was necessary, however in the end i had to enable netbios over tcp in
winxp to get the printer visible via samba on the mandrake box, is this how
others do this, i googled for a combination of 'winxp linux printing' but all
the results seem to point to samba and cups and as i said this only works by
enabling netbios on the win box, am i missing something simple?

bascule
--
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. I TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Feet of Clay)