James Sparenberg wrote:

> use the urpmi.addmedia command to add a cooker mirror.  Right now
> (assuming you installed from CD) the only thing you have is the CD's  in
> your urpmi database.  So if your favorite mirror is foo

My favorite mirror is my rsync: /mnt/mandrake/cooker, updated about an
hour ago, after having updated prior to the original cooker install on
Friday, and again before running update from floppy boot on Saturday.

> urpmi.addmedia cooker-updates
> ftp://www.foo.com/pub/Mandrake-devel/Mandrake/RPMS  with
> ../base/hdlist.cz

> (above all one line and just an example)

OK:

urpmi.addmedia cooker-updates file://mnt/mandrake/cooker/Mandrake/RPMS
with ../base/hdlist.cz

> urpmi.addmedia --help will give you more

I found what appeared to be correct syntax in man urpmi.addmedia. I got
output messages that appeared to confirm it to be doing what I needed it
to do. However, when I went to X to run "update software", I got the
following:

"The list of updates is void. This means that either there is no
available update for the packages installed on your computer, or you
already installed all of them."

Why must this be so difficult?
--
"...[B]e quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry...."
                                                James 1:19 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/