On Thursday 11 September 2003 10:46 pm, James Sparenberg wrote:

> One thought here.   If you open aumix there are a bunch of green squares
> and one red square.  Now give that in aumix a checkmark next to mute all
> means that it isn't muted.  I took a gable on this thought and it seems
> to be true.  Red means go and green means stop.  So if the box next for
> for example Mic is red it's ready to recieve input etc etc.
>
> James

Yeah, noticed that check mark - seems a bit "bass ackwards", don't it?

Well...like I mentioned in the message I *can* record using the mic input with
aumix - no problem there. Gramofile finds it, hey bingo instant recording,
albeit in one channel and low gain.

I can use the same software and tape player/cables on my sons' comp, with a SB
live card and the line-in works great.

I dunno - reckon I have a bad jack on my MB? I've never had a reason to use it
before. Just thought I'd try to save those 20+ yr old cassettes that I can't
find CDs for (or online copies).

Thanks for your input! :-)

PS one nice thing you can do with gramofile is set it to record, have aumix or
any other mixer open, and click/unclick on aumix buttons until you do get
sound in gramofile - it runs in a terminal but has volume meter output for R
and L channels. Rezound does this too, but its pure GUI (very nice too!)
Thats how I found the mic, I plugged the mini-jack into it, and pushed
buttons until I got input/output. Nothing works with the line-in jack though!
:-(

--

                                                          /\
                                                Dark><Lord