On Friday September 12 2003 07:49 am, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
> Is there anything which I missed during last 10 days? I just
> received my 3 CDs of RC2 and am now in my thirteenth attempt to
> install it on a box where I installed 9.1 just the other week
> without problems. So there should be no hardware related issues.
>
> First crash (keyboard lights blinking) during formatting of the
> root partition (size 3GB ext3, /home is 5GB ext3)). Next time it
> formatted without error.
>
> Second crash during individual package selection. Dropped out of
> the graphics screen and shut down.
>
> Third crash during installation of packages (after about 5% crash
> with keyboard lights blinking)
>
> Fourth crash during switch from package selection to installation
> (screen frozen, no keyboard access)
>
> and so on.... Always at various different points.
>
> Twelwth crash right after selection of keyboard (screen frozen,
> keyboard no access).
>
> Again: 9.1 installation is on same harddisk and I did not change
> any hardware parts. 9.1 is running without errors (did some image
> editing with large memory access and 1 kernel compilation so
> far).
>
> wobo

    Crashes at differnet spots certainly require 'hardware' to be
included as a cause. Even if the hardware is the CD's, or your
drives ability to read 'em.  Attached is the RC2 md5sums.  You can
check with 'md5sum /mnt/cdrom' or 'md5sum /dev/hd?' in a console.
Be patient, it'll probly take a minute or two before the result
appears.

9725a5942d84390c691d78f95084b5ee  MandrakeLinux-9.2rc2-CD1.i586.iso
78374f7ff4335f5b46b3cd7d8e2f3e94  MandrakeLinux-9.2rc2-CD2.i586.iso
70de3baa4a1e3f3c0229bed38b237d8a  MandrakeLinux-9.2rc2-CD3.i586.iso

    If the md5sums don't check, or you suspect your CD drive is the
cause, d/l the hd.img, dd it to a floppy, copy the CD's you have to
HDD, an try'n install that way.