On Tuesday September 16 2003 01:50 pm, Charles A Edwards wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:28:30 -0500
>
> Tom Brinkman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > What does this say?
> >
> > tom # cat /proc/cpuinfo
>
> Just curious, what's the full output from the above for your
> system?
>

>     Charles

 tom # cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 10
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+
stepping        : 0
cpu MHz         : 2301.434
cache size      : 512 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 4587.52

  cpu/chipset(KT400a)/cache/ram  will pass memtest86, mprime and
burnK7 tests at 2.4 Ghz, but either the X server or my GeF2 won't
tolerate much over 2.32 Ghz after booting to KDE. Raising the
multiplier (cpu is factory unlocked) an lowerin FSB nearer to
normal levels is even worse for X-windows (eg, 13.5x171).  It's
rock solid at 13x177 FSB (354 actual FSB), 2.30 Ghz, DDR ram at
DDR427 Mhz, CL2.5-2-2.