Can anyone suggest why it is that when I load Xine, or play a mpg it crashes
the m/c and returns me to the log-on splash screen.  Well, I suppose that
means it crashes the user rather than the m/c.

Logging on and repeating the action allows Xine to run, or the mpg to be
played (using Kaboodle)

Nevertheless 24 hours later the same cycle gets repeated.

regards

Daryl
--
The heaviest object in the world is the body of the woman you have ceased
to love.