Hey,
Is it possible to create a cd with a boot manager built in?  I want to put more than
one bootable
image onto a cd and then give the user a boot manager to choose which image to boot
from.  I want
all this to be located on the disk without having to do anything to the local hard
drive.

Some background...
I do computer tech support, etc. and I have one of those bootable disks that resets NT
passwords.
I would like to also have a copy of lnxbbc (which is a bootable 'live' cd / mini
distro), and I
may also come up with some other hair-brained idea to stick something else on this
disk.  I want
to be able to basically have a little tool box on a mini cdr.  I also have some
partition magic
images which boot from dr. dos and I don't really want to have to screw around getting
them to
boot and run from linux.  It seems like the quickest and easiest method would be to
just have a
'mbr' with a loader on the cd itself and then pointer files to the different images.
IIRC the El
Torito spec is supposed to support this very thing and it seems like that's probably
what's
happening on a linux install disk when you pick which type of install you want to do -
I'm not
sure.  Anyway, any ideas?

Thanks, Mike

--
Michael Holt
Snohomish, WA                      (o_

"Fear knocked, faith answered, no one was there..."