On Monday 22 September 2003 09:33 am, Carroll Grigsby wrote:

> BTW, from what I read elsewhere, I doubt that your mother/grandmother would
> be able to install any breed of Windows without some serious problems, let
> alone all of the other apps that are needed before Windows can do anything
> useful.

I think that they could install it, albeit with major security holes and
problems soon to come.  I would not recommend that any casual user install an
OS, no matter what brand.  MS is only saved by having the OS pre-installed by
the OEM.

I think that Mandrake is in most cases superior to Windows, at least if you
get it installed it is secure, but neither should not be done by a casual
user who is not prepared to learn how things work in order to get it right.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer