September 22, 2003 01:50 pm, Alan Shoemaker wrote:
[..]

> > > Agreed on the book part and, IIRC, it comes on the CDs or
> > > at least it's available online.
> > >
> > > Here's an idea tho... I was recently in a local bookstore
> > > that caters to *NIX junkies and saw some Yellowdog
> > > packages there.  The cool thing is, tho, that they came
> > > in a regular DVD case, just like a movie.  I'm wondering
> > > if there is a place for the powerpack (DVD-only) being
> > > produced in this way. No manual, no CDs, just the one DVD
> > > and your registration card.
> >
> > YES!
> >
> > Sorry for shouting but I know at least ten people here in
> > Edmonton that would jump at that if it were available. 2
> > would buy from Mandrake store if they could, the others
> > either don't use credit cards on-line or don't use credit
> > cards at all.
> >
> > I've said it before; some of my friends are as weird as I.
>
> guys....$54 check it out.
>
> http://www.mandrakestore.com/mdkinc/index.php?PAGE=tab_0/menu_2.php&id_art=
>277&LANG_=en#GOTO_277

Thanks Alan.

I'll forward the link to the appropriate people as soon as things are updated
to reflect 9.2. The people I'm referring to (my "victims") all have 9.1
installed and it's what got them all interested in keeping the distribution
alive when they read about the financial difficulties.

Most had no idea that anything such as Mandrake Linux was available or
possible before I started yammering at them, since they're all refugees from
the Windows + OEM way of life. Now that they've been "softened up" I can
(probably) convince almost all that they need to support the distribution.

By 'probably' I mean as long as it's convenient, since the rest of their
Mandrake experience has been. Or as much as I've been able to make it so.

Best Regards;
Charlie
- --
Edmonton,AB,Canada User 244963 at http://counter.li.org
Cooker on kernel 2.4.22-10mdk
14:02:11 up 2 days, 3:21, 1 user, load average: 0.17, 0.14, 0.20
I have a very good DENTAL PLAN.  Thank you.