Okay I read an article to say this is gaysh I have to agree. The response
was windows has it so should Linux. Okay well for one windows does have it
and it works when the network comes up it comes up. In mandrake 9.1 if the
network comes up it stays down until a reboot. This is a real Pain I have to
admit. Yes you can disable it via drakconnect but only in expert mode not
normal mode.
I think someone should document this. It was a real pain in finding the
answer.

        I know I love Linux but the documentation really sux. I mean new
features get installed from 9.0 to 9.1 and I try and find out where is the
documentation for it or what caused it. What I mean by this I had no idea
what caused my network to stop working until I asked in here and waited 3
days for a response and some gentleman was nice to answer my question. But
if I tried to look on Mandrakes site or the internet for network down
nothing came up.

James S. Lawson
Network Manager
Brown Raysman Millstein Felder & Steiner
900 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Tel: (212) 895-2679
                            (@ @)

Notice: This message, and any attached file, is intended only for the
use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not
Nothing in this e-mail message should be construed as a legal opinion.
immediately by reply e-mail and delete all copies of the original