Am Mittwoch, 24. September 2003 09:54 schrieb Thomas Deutsch:
> Martin Fahrendorf wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 24. September 2003 09:25 schrieb Thomas Deutsch:
> >>I don't have received your last mail, because my server was out of
> >>function. But I've read it in my Colleague's mailbox.
> >>
> >>My problem is that I try to configure the Mailserver in such a way that
> >>only authenticated mailclient can send emails trought my server. If I
> >>unterstand it correctly, must I take the smtpd stuff, right?
> >>
> >>But the smtpd stuff does not work proper, because the authentication
> >>always fails.
> >
> > so use
> >
> > smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
> > smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
> > smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
> > broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
> >
> > in your main.cf.
> >
> > use
> > pwcheck_method:     saslauthd
> >
> > in your smtpd.conf and configure your saslauthd to use pam (or what else
> > you want) in your /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd file (remeber the d in
> > smtpd.conf).
>
> Now I have it exactly how you write it above, but:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] docs]# telnet homer.skydesign.org 25
> Trying 80.218.8.41...
> Connected to homer.skydesign.org (80.218.8.41).
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 homer.skydesign.org ESMTP Postfix (2.0.6) (Mandrake Linux)
> ehlo bart.skydesign.org
> 250-homer.skydesign.org
> 250-PIPELINING
> 250-SIZE 10240000
> 250-VRFY
> 250-ETRN
> 250-AUTH CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN
> 250-AUTH=CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN
> 250-XVERP
> 250 8BITMIME
> AUTH PLAIN dGhvb***********Z4OGc=
> 535 Error: authentication failed

Ok, now it is time for debuging. add your testinghost to the debug_peer_list
and set debug_peer_level to 4. reload postfix and retry your login. See the
data in the log. Your password shuld be listed there (and many other stuff)
See, if it is the correct password and username.

> Thomas

Martin
H E L I X Gesellschaft für Software & Engineering mbH
Hanauer Landstrasse 52              Telefon (069) 4789 35-30
D-60314 Frankfurt am Main           Telefax (069) 4789 35-44
http://www.helix-gmbh.net                [EMAIL PROTECTED]