From: Ricardo (Tru64 User) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 7:52 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [expert] openssh-3.7p1 & Mandy 9.0

Hi ALL,

I have a problem with openssh-3.7p1 working on Mandy.
It compiles fine, and I perform an install  (on
/opt/openssh-3.7p1).
I can start it fine (link it up to /etc/init.d/..blah
blah), so "service ssh restart" starts it OK.
Problem is that then no-one can log in. Keeps
complaining about bad passwd!! I have openssh-3.6p1
(compiled version) working OK, and I can log in with
it, using same password.

My problem is that I HAVE to use the latest and
greatest out there, and YES, i know Mandrake has
released an rpm patch for 3.6p1. But, with our
internal scan, anything running a version identified
as vulnerable, even if patched, is flagged. So i have
always used locally compiled versions of ssh. Anyone
else gone past this problem?

Longing for a response/idea/suggestion/recommendation
only on getting openssh-3.7p1 to work.

_Thanks

Richard.