On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 15:49, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 18:01, ed tharp wrote:
> >> In MDK 9.1, with an NVidia Ti4400 vid card,
> >> I have just started having a problem with my winTV card (an early bt878)
> >> that as soon as it starts to display it kicks Xfree right down to a
> >> re-login.
> >>
> >> any ideas?
> > to add,,, It works fine when started from a term with 'xawtv'
> >

> You can try strace'ing the command and then looking through the log. E.g.:
> strace xawtv >outfile 2>&1
>
> Some things also: rename your preferences file, try a different window
> manager.

Look at how the kde menue calls it, then do an strace the same way from
the command line.  For example   from the command line I do mozilla but
the MDKKDE menu calls soundwrapper mozilla (or something like that.) so
if soundwrapper where bad or having trouble with mozilla it wouldn't
show when I run it from the command line.

James