Have your tried to install sarg 1.3 pre from the disks.

-----Original Message-----
From: HaywireMac [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 1:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] Mandrake 9.1

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:52:53 -0500
Avi Schwartz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> I have to wonder what is this observation based on.  Mdk 9.1 is my
> first mdk ever after using SuSE for many years.  Admittedly I was
> forced to use MDK by SuSE when it dropped support for my processor
> (VIA Nehemiah) but I must tell you that mdk 9.1 impressed me quite a
> bit.  I am using it on a gateway machine to a small network providing
> firewall, nat, imap, web based mail, a caching dns and a caching
> transparent web proxy.
>   It scans emails for virus and filters spam.  It is on 24x7 and had
>   no  problems at all.  For few weeks, while setting up the box I was
>   also
> running KDE on it.  Now however it is no longer booting into GUI since
>  it is a pure server.

Same here, my little P166 web server running 9.1 and chugging away with
MLDonkey downloading GB of movies and stuff, no problems whatsoever.

9.1 is as stable as a rock, and has been a much better experience than
9.0.

I have to wonder sometimes what the point of these types of posts are.
Is it a request for help? Sympathy? Or just a troll...?

My personal fav is the "well, Windows handled this fine, and Mandrake
doesn't". Ok, go back to Windows and have fun with Welchia, SoBig, etc.

Ya gets whats ya pays for...

--
HaywireMac
Registered Linux user #282046