My wife did this for a Christmas present last year. She used Audacity and
was very happy with it...

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 8:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [expert] Vinyl to CD

I sent this two hours ago, but it hasn't shown, so I'll try again.

I need to record some of my vinyl collection as wav files to burn onto
audio cd.  So far I haven't found anything that is actually reading
the input, either from the soundcard direct or from the Audigy front
panel.

Some time ago someone mentioned the diskwriter plugin for xmms.  Can
someone give me the file name?  I don't seem to have it installed,
and can't find it on the list.

Is diskwriter likely to help me?

Anyone able to suggest a better route?

Anne