On Tue Sep 30, 2003 at 09:36:46PM -0700, James Sparenberg wrote:

> > > I have installed 9.0 on a machine with 1G of memory so of course it
> > > uses the enterprise kernel.  When I go to get updates  it tries to access
> > > the cdrom drive and hangs for a long time.  If I put a cd in the drive
> > > the update goes without problems.
> > > Does anybody know why this is happening and other than leaving a
> > > cd in the drive, is  there a solution?
> >
> > You could disable supermount.  "supermount -i disable".
> >
> > I believe it's because urpmi is trying to read the cdrom because you have
> > sources defined (your install CDs) that use it.  If you disable supermount,
> > you shouldn't have this problem (I religiously disable supermount).
>

> Vincent, Micheal,
>
>     I remember this bug.  And Vincent If I remember right you fixed it
> with the 1st update to urpmi after 9.0 came out.  (At least it worked on
> the 9.0 I had to install last week.)  So the problem should have cleared
> up after first (and full) update

Could be.  That was a long time ago tho, and I don't remember...  been kinda
frazzled today anyways with this openssl thing.

Hmmm... the only urpmi update for 9.0 I can see (well, the earliest) was
christmas eve last year, and it doesn't mention this.  You're not thinking
of 9.1 are you?

Man... I'm such a loser.  working on christmas eve.  =)

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
Online Security Resource Book; http://linsec.ca/