Thomas Deutsch wrote:

I've tried a lot of things to get the sasl support in postfix working. But no one of the over 30 howtos (incl. the howto from MandrakeSecure) I've tried is working.

Luca, where should be pwceck symlinked?

v2 puts it in /var/lib/sasl2/pwcheck, while v1 expects it in /var/lib/sasl/pwcheck. Beware of postfix chroot. Also, I don't remember where the sasl library for mdk9.1 expects the configuration files. I think for v1 is in /etc/sasl (while for v2 and violating the fhs in /usr/lib/sasl2). Or maybe it's the other way round: v1 in /usr/lib/sasl and v2 in /etc/sasl2. For postfix (using v1) try both /etc/sasl/smtpd.conf and /usr/lib/sasl/smtpd.conf (with a single line
pwcheck_method:pwcheck
)

Bye
--
Que les importa a las viudas, a los huérfanos, a los desvalidos
si las masacres se hacen en nombre del totalitarismo o en el