On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 12:46:47 -0700 (PDT)
vatbier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> And to refresh my memory, why is it a bad idea to login as root in
> KDE? These days I do a lot of root changes,it's easier for me to
> stay for a while in KDE as root than to type my root password
> everytime I want to do some root job as a regular user.

I don't even know where to begin.

Let's put it this way, you could seriously hose your system, and most
likely will at some point, running KDE as root.

The trouble with root is that it *will do anything you say, without
question, warning or complaint*, including delete, overwrite or
otherwise mangle important system files.

Further, browsing the web as root is akin to (using my favourite sick
analogy) bending over to pick up the soap in the prison shower. You are
asking for trouble.

You should never be root unless you need to be, and if it is too much of
an inconvenience to type your root password, with all due respect, you
are using the wrong OS.

--
HaywireMac
Registered Linux user #282046