From: "Tibor Pittich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>On  5. October 2003 at 14:48, James Sparenberg wrote:
>
>>    Do you know of a list of chipsets that are correctly supported?  I've
>> not been able to find one..... yet.
>
>in latest kernel from mandrake we can see support for these sata
>controlers:
>
>PDC20318 (SATA150 TX4)
>Adaptec AAR-1210SA SATA HostRAID Controller
>Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATARaid Controller
>
>unfortunately, kt600 chipset isn't still supported. but i found email
>about this in l-k, where someone wrote that jeff garzik write this
>driver already..

In my kernel-tmb series in contrib I have that patch so it should
support both intel and Via SATA chipsets, but since I don't have
the h/w I cant test it myself... So if anyone feel lucky...
please give them a try...

Both HighPoint and Promise does have drivers and sourcecode
for many of their sata controllers, but you have to compile them
yourself for now, and it does not work for everybody...

They will at some point probably get integrated in the kernels,
but they need to be rewritten to use the libata interface instead
of the older cam interface...

same goes for newer cmd, sis and sil chipsets...

Regards

Thomas