On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 14:24, HaywireMac wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:41:46 -0700
> Jack Coates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:
>
> > It comes up right next to the Apache button if MSIE is used to visit
> > any of my web pages. This looks to me like the best balance of
> > advocacy without limiting choice.
>
> Wow. I actually maybe kinda somehow in a small way started something.
>
> There's two people.
>
> Any more?
>
> BTW, I like the <BLINK>, it's just annoying enough to work! ;-)

Unfortunately, it seems not to work in IE6/W2K under VMWare. I'll just
have to write a blink function in JavaScript instead, Muhwhahaha!! or a
popup!!!

Interestingly enough, I got curious and checked out my webalizer stats
for October, web spiders filtered out. Granted, monkeynoodle.org is
chock-full of Linux info and gathers a certain crowd, but look at this:

     8.69%
MSIE6
XP

     7.77%
Gecko
     6.97%
MSIE6
XP.NET

     3.63%
Konq
     6.51%
MSIE6
2K

     2.49%
Gecko
XP
     5.49%
MSIE6
2K.NET

     2.00%
Gecko
     1.89%
MSIE6
W98

     1.38%
Gecko

     1.31%
Gecko
XP

     1.28%
Gecko
W98

     1.26%
Gecko

     1.21%
Gecko
2K

    29.55%

    22.33%

winders         linux (no other unices)

maybe times are already changing... here's the same stats from November
of last year (a lot less traffic back then, too):

     7.65%
MSIE6
XP

     8.11%
Gecko
     5.58%
MSIE5
W98

     2.68%
Gecko
     4.48%
MSIE6
2K

     2.43%
Gecko
     3.41%
MSIE5
2K

     1.87%
Konq
     2.19%
MSIE6
2K.NET

     1.75%
Gecko
     2.16%
MSIE6
XP.NET

     1.68%
MSIE6
W98

    27.15%

    16.84%

winders         linux (no other unices)

look at how little the growth is for XP, .NET extensions, all that hype.
Win98 is being abandoned, but for Linux and Win2000. And look at the
huge increase in Mozilla on Windows.

--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...