Greg Meyer wrote:

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 12:21 am, Rob Blomquist wrote:

Is there an image of a DOS boot disk that can be made under Linux so
that I can flash my bios? Now of course, I could find a winders
confuser to do the job, but hey, can it be done on a Linux box?

I was just poking around and found www.bootdisk.com, now which image
should I use to flash it?

Anything win98SE or lower should do the job. I'd probably use the DOS 6.22 image.

I used freedos to flash the bios on my Laptop,

The laptop has no floppy so I had to make a bootable CD with it.. worked great.
For this sort of thing, I highly recommend freedos, and you get to stay right away from M$.
failing that, DRDOS is pretty good for this sort of thing as well.. if I can find an image to work with.

regards

Franki

--
Pleasea sign our petition to encourage notebook manufactures to offer video card
upgrades just like desktops.

For free scripts, online webmaster tools, HTML, XHTML, Perl & PHP tutorials and stuff,
visit:
http://htmlfixit.com, Free web developer resources.