Felix Miata schrieb am Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:17:57 -0400:

> Run Windows and Linux from same boot partition = Dualboot
>
> Run Windows and Linux different partitions on the same PC = Multiboot

Huh? I thought the difference between dualboot and multiboot was the
number of systems? Dualboot= 2 different systems, multiboot = more than
2 different systems.

How can you run Win and Linux from the same boot partition?

I have several systems on my pc and each system is on it's own
partition(s). All are started by LILO in MBR. What kind of "boot" is
that, a dualboot or a multiboot? And if that is what you call
multiboot, how does dualboot work?

I've been running Linux now for several years but never heard that
distinction. But I'm always happy to learn.

wobo