Hi everyone :)

I have a MDK 8.2 box with Apache 1.3.23, it has come time to renew the ssl
certificate for this machine.

Now i have been through and generated the csr etc etc and it has been
signed and now i have to add the new certificate and encrypted key to the
servers config.

Basically what i was trying to do was to back up the old ones and then
create the new ones in their place named as they were. Restart httpd and
technically i should be up and away.

Now when i start apache i get it hanging, when i check syslog it is
waiting for the password.

Now i may have had temporary brain failure but how can i redirect the
standard out from syslog to a terminal where i can put in the password and
the second part of my question is when i use the command

openssl rsa -in new.key -out new.key.decrypted

And change the appropriate lines in ssl.vhost-conf i get a key mismatch.

I would appreciate any assistance as the old certificate expires tomorrow.

Regards

Sebastian McDonagh
Sydney Aus