On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 12:19, Thomas Backlund wrote:
> Hezekiah M. Carty kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika Maanantai 13 Lokakuu 2003
> 18:22):
> > Thanks for the tip!  I'll go try this out right away...I've been having
> > constant stability problems with Mandrake and my new asus k7n8x deluxe
> > nforce2 board.  Hopefully this will help.
> >
> > Do you have any suggestions for a good lilo config? Any special kernel
> > options to pass?
> >

> I have that board myself, and yoo dont need any options no more to get it to
> boot...
>
> one thing of course ...
> if you have the onboard Sil3112 SATA controller enabled, and no hdd's attached
> to it, you will see some delays during bootup...
>
> Either disable the controller, or pass:
> hde=noprobe hdg=noprobe to the kernel

I completed my 9.2 iso downloads, installed, and tried out the tmb
kernel, but I'm still getting the seemingly random hard lockups.  I did
an install from the disks, added Club, Contrib and plf sources, added
the tmb kernel+source and rebooted.  Sometimes it will happen after a
few minutes, sometimes after a few hours, and it doesn't seem to depend
on system load.  I don't think it's a hardware issue, as Win2k will run
for days on end without a problem, both sitting idle, downloading,
working, or playing games.  So I'm not sure where to look next for a
fix.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for all of your help,
Hez