I understand that not everything can fit on the three CDs, but for the basic 3 CD download set, the third CD isn't full, so it appears that there would have been room. It's really pretty poor that the kernel sources aren't included as many people need to compile things! I'm wondering if and when the ISOs are put on FTP servers if this will be fixed? If not, then a lot of people will be turned off by Mandrake.

You are right...

I can only assume if people order CDs from Mandrake or CheapBytes that they don't have a high speed connection. If that's the case, then setting up a 9.2 mirror as a source won't work.

Exactly.
Could someone tell me how to build a 4th CD with RPMs not included in the first 3 ISOs but available on the FTP site? Once burned the ISOs I'd like to be able to install software without being connected to the internet.

Thanks
Olaf