Just noticed this - needed to load a .ksp file into kspread. This used to
work not too long ago: actually, it's a somewhat recurring error.

I'm getting a message from kspread (or maybe the lower level kde system) -
and it's refusing to load kspread.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] dfox]$ koffice (lib kofficecore): WARNING: Got no results
with [X-KDE-NativeMimeType] == 'application/x-kspread'
koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: Found no KOffice part able to handle
application/x-kspread!
koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: Check your installation (does the
desktop file have X-KDE-NativeMimeType and KOfficePart, did you install
KOffice in a different prefix than KDE, without adding the prefix to
/etc/kderc ?)

To answer those questions, I'd say Yes, maybe, and no. KDEDIR is set to
/usr/bin, but it was unset before, and that doesn't seem to affect this
behavior. /etc/kderc doesn't exist in 9.2 apparently.

Last few lines of /usr/share/applnk/office/kspread.desktop (presumably,
the file that kde is using).

ServiceTypes=KOfficePart,KParts/ReadOnlyPart,KParts/ReadWritePart,text/x-csv,application/x-kspread-crypt,application/x-quattropro
X-KDE-NativeMimeType=application/x-kspread
X-DCOP-ServiceType=multi
DocPath=kspread/index.html
X-KDE-StartupNotify=true
Categories=Qt;KDE;Office