On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 20:22, Vincent Chen wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I got a strange sound system problem here. If I login
> from local console,the sound system works perfectly.
> But if I login from remote X session,I got sound
> device permission error. It seems that sound device
> owner is root during system start but KDE will change
> owner to those who try to login after start. It works
> fine in local but something goes wrong with remote
> session. Any idea?

Yes,  When you are coming from a remote system it can't start the sound
system for the box you are physically on, using the scripts and drivers
for the remote box.  The only thing you can't export to a remote session
is sound.  Unless of course you have really long speaker cables and or a
great amp.

James