Hi Jack, Thanks for the info.

If I:

edit /etc/security/msec/perm.local

/opt/is4        owner.group     octalperms
/opt/is4/*      owner.group     octalperms

then (as per the second line) won't that change the owner.group octalperms ie. (775 for instance)for all of the sub dirs also?

Remember that each of the dirs below (/opt/is4/) have different "owner.group and permissions" inside the chroot jail.

I need to skip this dir not set/reset the owner.group and octalperms.

So far the only way I have been able to avoid this is to stop the msec scripts from running.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Ralph