The project is a simple 'Terminal C++' project, with the only changes being an added #include <SDL/SDL.h>, and the contents of main() [below].

- - - - -
#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
#include <config.h>
#endif

#include <iostream.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

#include <SDL/SDL.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
 SDL_Surface* screen;

//  cout << "Hello, World!" << endl;
 if(!SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_EVERYTHING))
 {
   cout << "SDL error: " << SDL_GetError() << "\n" << endl;
 }

 screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(240, 320, 16, SDL_SWSURFACE | SDL_DOUBLEBUF);
 if(NULL == screen)
 {
   cout << "Video error: " << SDL_GetError() << "\n" << endl;
   exit(1);
 }

SDL_WM_SetCaption("fighter", NULL);

 SDL_Quit();
 return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}
- - - - -

- Theo

Kwan Lowe wrote:

Not trying to complie KDevelop, no.  I'm trying my hand at writing a
couple small games (hopefully, with experience I'll try my hand at some
larger games as well), but I can't even get the SDL equivalent of 'Hello
World' to compile.  I get an 'undefined reference to 'SDL_*' error for
each SDL_* function call I make.  I've got #include <SDL/SDL.h> up with
the rest of the includes, and it isn't complaining about being able to
find SDL.h any more, but it won't compile because of the undefined
reference errors.

Shoot me some example code if you'd like. I just compiled a couple of the example applications from the SDL library and they worked fine under Kdevelop.