Thanks Bill
there was no way this was going to compile on 9.2,I'd got to the point
of so many conflicts between libs and prog dependancies that urpmi just
would'nt play.
There really needs to be added to th mcc gui on s/w management a do as
your told function, force it.
On an earlier ver circa 8.1 there was, now its gone
The app dependant on this was built on a machine running 9.1 with a full
ish set of libs.
So in the end I reloaded 9.1 on the machine I wanted that app on then
immediately loaded 9.2 as an upgrade , using the ice maker window to
download all the bug fixes before running gnome. Configure still
complaining of missing libs, which were the same on both machines
So in the end I copied over the complete directory from this machine
were it was built to the other machine , luckily I had'nt done a make
clean, and did a make install.
It looks like I got away with it.
I'm not happy with this solution ,its mucky and dos'nt solve why a prog
would compile on  a machine running 9.1 and be a pig on 9.2
BTW 9.2 dos'nt down load the upgrades on install

Richard

--
Richard Bown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>